Revisiting Silent Reading
New Directions for Teachers and Researchers
Elfrieda H. Hiebert and D. Ray Reutzel, editors
Literacy leaders come together in this important and timely volume—destined to become a vital part of every school’s PD library—to give expert advice about silent reading instruction and how to make it work in your classroom.
In these pages, you get
- A review of past and current perspectives on silent reading, giving you a solid foundation for instructional decisions
- Ideas you can use to increase students’ reading fluency, achievement, and motivation
- Inspiration for addressing the wide-ranging needs of students, including English learners and struggling readers
- Suggestions for new contexts in which silent reading can take place
- PD questions to extend your thinking, learning, and teaching
Isn’t it time to return silent reading to your classroom?
© 2010 | 336 pp.
ISBN 13: 978-0-87207-833-8
IRA Members: $31.95
Members save $8.00!