Sustaining Strategic Readers
Techniques for Supporting Content Literacy in Grades 6–12
Valerie Ellery and Jennifer L. Rosenboom
More about Valerie Ellery
Valerie Ellery, author of the bestselling Creating Strategic Readers, teams up with secondary educator Jennifer Rosenboom to help you sustain, motivate, and engage older learners. Here you'll find a curriculum, assessment, and instruction framework focused on aligning literacy and content learning for middle and high school students.
Organized to make planning and teaching both easy and effective, the chapters offer
- Highly effective strategies and techniques for teaching word study, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills
- Embedded strategy assessments to check for understanding and collect evidence of student learning
- Teacher talk to help students think strategically
- Ideas to engage and motivate adolescent learners
- Vignettes to help you envision what a technique might look like when used in your content area
- Key terms and guiding questions to focus your reading, study, and conversation
Podcast: Listen to Valerie Ellery on IRA Reading Radio.
TIP: Printing of reproducibles is not possible from e-books. If you would like reproducibles for classroom use, please purchase the print edition.
© 2011 | 216 pp.
ISBN 13: 978-0-87207-839-0