IRA Membership Categories & Rates
Find the right membership for you
- Basic Membership… Reading Today magazine and other materials are delivered in print and available online.
- Online Membership… Reading Today magazine and other materials are available only online.
- Student Membership… discounted rates are available for up to five years to students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Emeritus Membership… special rates for those fully retired and who have been an IRA member continuously for 10 years or more.
- Developing Economy Membership… special options available for residents of developing economies.
- 25-Year Membership… special rates are available for those who have been an IRA member continuously for 25 or more years. Please e-mail customer service or call 800-336-7323 (U.S. and Canada) or 302-731-1600.
Become a member and subscribe to IRA's research-based, practical journals
All IRA members may subscribe to one or more of our journals. Basic, Online, Student, Emeritus, and 25-year memberships include Reading Today, IRA’s bimonthly magazine. Developing Economy members may purchase Reading Today separately.
Prices are in U.S. dollars. All memberships have a one-year duration.
||Online $29 ||Student & Emeritus $24 |
|Add one or more journals to your membership ||Print & Online ||Online Only ||Online
Only ||Print & Online ||Online
|The Reading Teacher |
for those working with children up to age 12
(8 issues per year)
Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy
for educators of older students
(8 issues per year)
Reading Research Quarterly
for those committed to scholarship in literacy
(4 issues per year)
|Access IRA – access to all available issues of The Reading Teacher, Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy, and Reading Research Quarterly || online access only |
|$100 ||$100 ||$60 |
|RRQ Library – online access to every issue since 1965
(for Reading Research Quarterly subscribers only) || online access only |
| $36 || $36 ||$22 |
Experience IRA FREE with the IRA Associate Program
IRA membership is a great value and yet we know that budgets are tighter than ever. If you've never been a member of IRA and would like to be a part of the IRA community with limited benefits at no cost, the IRA Associate Program is for you!
IRA Associates receive two benefits:
- IRA Inspire, our monthly e-newsletter that delivers energizing, creative classroom ideas and minilessons focused on a timely central theme and written by classroom teachers
- The opportunity to subscribe to the exclusive IRA Connect LISTSERV online discussion forum for literacy educators
Click here for more information on the IRA Associate Program.
Ready to sign up? Just complete this quick application form and you'll be all set to receive your IRA Associate benefits.