Second of Series: Five Sessions on The Art of Advocacy
February 5 – March 5, 2013
Announcing the University of Advocacy's second series on the Art of Advocacy. This is a webinar training program (both audio and video via the Internet). There will be five classes that will be archived so you don't have to watch live.
The classes begin on Tuesday, February 5th and run each Tuesday through March 5th, 2013. The sessions are from 8 pm to 9 pm EST. The sessions are:
- Feb 5, 2013 – Models of Advocacy – what are the range of activities
- Feb 12, 2013 – How to organize a group to organize – what are the communications, training and other supports
- Feb 19, 2013 – How to build and work with coalitions – what are the "rules" of cooperation
- Feb 26, 2013 – How do I negotiate – figuring out what you want and how to get it
- Mar 5, 2013 – Review – What are the important points?